UC Sustainability Summer Scholarship projects
Please note that no scholarships are being offered for the summer 2016/2017.
The UC Sustainability Summer Scholarship projects aim to provide students who have a personal and academic interest in environmental and sustainability matters and a passion to ‘make a difference’ to gain valuable practical experience by assisting the University’s sustainability initiatives. See examples of prior summer scholarship topics.
All projects require applicants to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to work well both independently and with others, and to feel comfortable meeting with a range of people on and off campus.
- The awards are to fund participation in specified campus sustainability projects over the summer.
- Scholarships will be funded at $5,000 per scholarship (tax exempt).
- Duration is normally 10 weeks (equivalent full-time).
- Payment will be made to the student’s nominated bank account.
- These awards are open to students who are considering enrolling in post-graduate papers at the University of Canterbury.
- Scholarships will be allocated on a competitive basis from all applications submitted for each project.
- Applicant’s academic record and academic areas studied
- Applicant’s interests, experience, and abilities relevant to the projects.
To apply for sustainability summer scholarships, the following details are required:
- Your name and contact details
- What project(s) you are applying for
- Your intended courses of study in
- (Briefly) what abilities you would bring to the outlined campus sustainability project(s).
- A brief CV, including your student transcript.
Deadlines are advised every year when scholarships are available.